On Friday, Nov. 15, Toth Elementary School’s carnival was moved inside due to four car thief suspects on the loose in Perrysburg.
The four were not from Perrysburg, or even from Ohio. The driver was from Riverdale, Illinois. They came here on the Ohio Turnpike.
“…We are at a [geographic] crossroads,” says PHS resource officer Greg Cole.
“We’ve got the Ohio Turnpike, we’ve got I-75, we’ve got US-23. They all meet in Perrysburg.” All of these major roads can lead to trouble in the ‘Burg, explained Cole.
A prior police chase of suspects exiting a freeway on Nov. 8 led to lockdowns at Woodland and Toth elementary schools as well as Perrysburg Junior High. The pursuit of a fugitive ended in the city. Five suspects face charges in relation to that incident.
Other stories on eSomethin:
- OPINION: The United States should not give foreign aid
- REVIEW: Five Nights at Freddy’s is out, but does it live up to its lengthy legacy?
- Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour Movie has enchanted many PHS students
- The changes being made to the PHS cafeteria are helping to increase accessibility and diversity
- The passage of Issue One generated a lot of reactions and opinions on abortion