The Jackets lost to Northview 62 to 57 Tuesday, February 15. This is the second loss to Northview this season. Previously the Jackets lost 73 to 66.
The student section, dressed completely in gray, cheered on the Jackets through the incredibly close game.
Head Coach Dave Boyce spoke on the team’s attitude going into the game: “I thought we played hard and really competed. We showed a lot of poise. Everyone came to win.”
Assistant Coach Chris Stein added: “We performed really well. We came out with an entirely different game plan than we did last time. The idea to really take it to their so-called stars on their team. We created a lot of tough shots [for Northview].”
Stein’s takeaway from this game is that the Jackets are a very competitive team. “[Northview] is ranked in the top ten in the state. We’ve lost only to teams ranked in the top ten. We know that we can compete with anybody.”
Senior Kannon Klusmeyer scored the most for the Jackets, a total of 21 points. Andrew Hunt came in at 15 points, and Luke Manges with 8. Klusmeyer earned All-NLL honors for first team, and Joey Bohman and Matt Watkin earned All-NLL honors for second team.
More stories on eSomethin’:
- 100 years of history: The Somethin’ celebrates 50 years in 1972
- 100 years of history: The athlete versus the scholar
- 100 years of history: “Talk Perrysburg High”
- Snahoshchenko wasted no time during her exchange year by joining countless clubs
- Ali wants to take PHS clubs back to her home country when she returns this summer